Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Long Slow Weekend

At about 2:00 PM today I logged off my computer at work, chatted with my analysts, and headed out of the office.  I have a four day weekend.  The first serious time off I have had since Christmas. The first time off I have had in at least eight months where I do not have specific thoughts of work running through my brain. General thoughts are always there, that comes with the turf, but general thoughts can be set aside for specific thoughts - specific and immediate thoughts.

I came home and treated myself to a rootbeer float and a candy bar.  (I rarely eat candy bars.)  It was a Three Musketeers for those who are interested.  I don't have anything planned for four days.  I don't have anything I have to do for four days.  I will plan and do things as the mood strikes me, in the moment. I have some general vague ideas of things I might want to do.  Like, for instance, tonight dinner and thoughts of dinner are floating around in my brain.

I logged on and sent some email and chatted with some friends, both in Spiritual Insights and in IM.  Then, I slipped on the swim trunks and took a leisurely turn through the pool.  It is ninety plus out there right now but the pool was cool and refreshing.  Then, a spin through the shower, and back online to make this journal entry.  I have some thoughts spinning around that I will write about over the weekend, but right now, I do not really feel like tackling anything more substantial than this, a simple entry.

One of the things I will be writing is a thank you note.  To Everyone.  I am sure that many of you who are my friends simply do not understand how grateful I am for your virtual company over the last couple of months.  At times, this world has been a sort of virtual refuge from the corporate America, or, as I have taken to referring to it lately, The Land of the Flying Monkeys.

So, I am going to relax this weekend. A couple of day trips. Some time on the guitar. Some time reading. Some time writing.  Some time making phone calls.  Some time meditating. Some time watching movies.  Some time eating.  Some time people watching. And just...some time.  I am sure looking forward to it.

No comments: