Monday, June 23, 2008

Four of Four

Four of Four

I just noticed that I have been on a Shawn Colvin kick this weekend.  I picked up Polaroids (a greatest hits compilation) late last week and have been listening to it intermittently ever since.  I've sitting a home right now, waiting for my nephew to iron his shirt, planning to go out and get something for lunch and then do a little wandering.

It is the fourth day of my four days off and it has been a very much needed and relaxing mini-vacation.  Last nights waking in the small hours was actually a good thing - that is a normal habit of mine, to wake in the middle of the night fairly frequently.  It tends to be a creative and productive time for me, for whatever reason.  That I had not done it in a long time was an indicator of being consumed by the other things in life.

Lunch is going to be at the Cheesecake Factory today and I am already savoring thier chicken and biscuits in my mind, followed by one of the many excellent cheesecakes.  Then, being a guy, I am going to stop at the mall and go to the Sharper Image retail outlet that is having a going out of business sale, and consider buying...new...toys.  I do enjoy my gadgets.

No comments: