Saturday, June 21, 2008

Passing One Thousand

Passing One Thousand

It happened when I wasn't looking.  My journal passed 1,000 reads since I started in six months ago.  I wanted to take a couple of minutes and just comment on it.

I have enjoyed writing the online journal.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to consistently follow through. I half way expected that I would lose interest at some point and taper off and stop.  It would then become one of those orphan journals that hang around out there in cyberspace.  I stumble across them sometimes, read them, and wonder what became of the person writing them.

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has read this, and everyone who has taken the time to comment on it, or to send me a note and let me know that they liked (or didn't like) something.

On a personal level, the journal was born in a stressful time, and it provided a great relief from the stress.  It encouraged me to stop, to observe, to take notes (either physically or mentally), and then to write.  It helped me nurture that love of writing that has been a part of me, sometimes set aside, for so many years. I want to thank those of you who shared in it.

That is all.  LOL - simple and straightforward.  I am taking a moment and...passing one thousand.

No comments: