Sunday, July 15, 2012

Home Sweet Home

(This is just a semi-random note.  Dragon Naturally Speaking struggles when there is the background hum of the air conditioner.)

No matter how far or near your travels, no matter how long or short your journey, it is always good to be home. Today was a traveling day - nine hours, maybe a little more.  So, at this moment, I am sitting in the living room with the air conditioner on, feet up, waiting for the arrival of pizza.  I've already unpacked and once that pizza arrives, I am going to settle in for a night of mindlessly staring at the television and probably some picture editing. We had a pretty smooth traveling day, long, but smooth.  The central valley on I-5 was a cauldron, but that is typical for the central valley this time of year.

I thought I would pop onto my blog here and just record some random thoughts.

-The Marriott's on Coronado Island is very nice, it had great rooms, spacious and relaxing, and the full array of services, all of which met with my approval. It is definitely on my list of places to spend a relaxing weekend! 

-We had some excellent food there on the island and then in San Diego itself, probably one of the best parts of the vacation.

-Though we swept through the vicinity of Comic Con and did some of the unofficial events, it was kind of nice to be in San Diego and not be subject to the maddening pace, crowds, line standing and forced marching that is the Comic Con experience. Of course, I am still going to make a shot at getting tickets for next year, since it is the one and only San Diego Comic Con.

-I still find that I travel technologically heavy and I would like to figure out a way to travel lighter, when it comes to my technology.  Part of that burden was having to carry my work laptop for a meeting on Friday - that got cancelled.  Grrrrrrr.  Then, of course, they rescheduled it for Monday which, gee, was also my day off. I swear there has to be some sort of plot.

Well, my pizza has just arrived, which cuts my observations short tonight! More later.

No comments: