Saturday, July 28, 2012

Three Dreams of Chasing

I went to bed a little early last night and read myself to sleep with "The January Dancer". 

During the night I had three dreams that involved, to one degree or another, me chasing (and catching) people. In the first dream, a group of activists was planning to disrupt an event with a smoke bomb and I was able to track them through their iPad's (idiots).  In the second dream, I was pursuing a man who was attempting to abduct his child in a child custody case, and I caught him just as he was trying to get away. In the third dream I am not sure who I was chasing or why, but I caught him and tackled him in the sand in a drive-in theater.  I am not sure what sparked all these dreams of chasing, but I thought it was interesting that I caught all of the people I was chasing. 

I have a tentative plan for today, but I am not sure if I am going to follow through with it.  This weekend is the Gilroy Garlic Festival, which will draw about 100,000 people down to the town of Gilroy.  I plan on...completely avoiding it.  But, I did think that might be a good distraction to open up traffic for a drive over to the coast mid-day with the intention of grabbing some lunch and doing a bit of pointless wandering.  So, in a few minutes I will be heading out to get breakfast with Bob and Tony and start the day. 

I heard from the island dwelling T.R. this morning where the Kitten Posse is obsessed with the Olympics.  I watched the opening ceremonies and I was truly impressed with Danny Boyle's music choices. Outstanding selections.

No comments: