Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Girlfight - Michelle Rodriguez

It is a warm fall night here in California and I've settled in for the evening after a long day of work.  Work was, fairly productive, by the end of the evening.  So, I decided to watch a great movie that landed on my DVR.  If you've never seen it before, I highly recommend it...



"Girlfight" with a young Michelle Rodriguez in the title role is an amazing little movie, both for the great story and for the love of boxing. Michelle does an amazing job in the movie and her transformation into a boxer is great (and the result of much training as part of the movie).  By the end of the film she moves like a boxer and she has developed a boxers lean muscle - it is pretty impressive. I often wonder how much the influence of that early movie carried on into her later "tough girl" roles. Again, it is a great movie and well worth watching.

Other than that, it has been a busy, but productive week at work. I do seem to have managed to work my way through the logjam that dropped on top of me at work last week. I manage to knock two of the things off my immediate list.  Given the chaotic nature of this particular project, I keep finding that it's taking me three times as long to finish straight-forward tasks, largely because of the constant interruptions and the failure to get the requirements adequately locked down.

Ah well, one more official day to go this week - though I am sure I will be doing some work, perhaps a lot of work, on my days off, as frustrating as I find that. Using all of my zen tricks, I have managed to keep the overall stress at a low roar.

No comments: