Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oscar Worthy - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Time of a quick entry - but not much.  It is about ten minutes until the start of "The Walking Dead" and I am definitely looking forward to it. It was an interesting day on many fronts - it started with a conversation I have been wanted, from there, into breakfast at the Hickory Pit with Tony.  After breakfast, we stopped at Fry's, then Target, where I picked up "Prometheus". Then, a quick dash across the street and we saw "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".  From there, home, two hours of work, then back out to get Patxi's pizza in Campbell. After pizza, a quick turn around, a dash home, time to write an email, then right into this moment - with five minutes to go before the season premiere.


Let me simple say - two of the first truly Oscar worthy films in a single weekend - "The Perks of Being A Wallflower" and "Argo".  I am going to look forward to the fall movie season and I hope we get some truly great movies.

"Perks..." is a great movie and demonstrates what an amazing actress Emma Watson has become.  She is the heart and soul of this movie and dazzles in virtually every scene she appears in, conveying a beautiful and fragile humanity.  All of the performances around her are as amazing.  There is not a false note in this movie, at all.  I would highly recommend it.

No comments: