Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Opening With A Stress Load

I thought I would take a slightly different tack toward the day by writing an entry first thing in the morning, rather than later in the day.  I'm not sure I picked a good day to do it - I woke up this morning carrying a fairly heavy anticipatory stress load, due to the pressures on the project at work.  I usually carry stress in my neck and shoulders and I can definitely feel it already.

So, I think it is going to be a day where I am going to have to use the array of stress reduction techniques that I possess to move through the day - and this is actually one of those techniques - acknowledge and accept that you are under a heavy stress load and that you are going to have to change up your behavior to compensate for that load.

I am going to start by following this entry time with a bit of time on meditation, and then take an easy commute into the office and try and stay focused through the day.  Wish me luck!

No comments: