Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I worked a 10 hour day today - and it feels like its a short day, which, of course, compared to other days it was.  It was a relatively productive day overall, but I was glad to get home.  I split the day pretty evenly between project related work and O&M work, so it was a nice balance.  I am relaxing into the evening watching some TV (Raising Hope, The New Girl) and reading (The Cloud Atlas).  It feels nice to give the brain a break.

Today was our first real rainstorm here in the Bay Area, which was nice.  I loved the scent of the rain in the predawn hours. This is my favorite time of year, weather wise. I love the warm days and cold nights, I love the bite of fall in the air, I loved tucking into a cool bed under a warm comforter.  Pure creature comforts.  Speaking of which, I think I am going to settle in for the rest of the quiet evening here.

I'll leave you with a link to a great music clip.  This Florence and the Machine with "Breath of Life".

No comments: