Monday, October 22, 2012

Semi-Random Monday Thoughts

Naturally, after I went to bed early last night, I woke up early this morning.  I dreamed last night, but I don't recall the content of the dream, only knowing, on waking, that I had dreamed. I like the still hours of the morning, when it is dark outside, when you can hear the world waking up. It is the perfect time to have a cup of coffee and just savor the moment.

I had a strange thought this morning, or I wondered if it was a strange thought, I wondered if I am entering a midlife crisis, given the assorted challenges I've been feeling at work.  I have been there for thirteen years, going on sixteen if I count the three years I spent there as a contractor.  That is a long time and it is possible that I am simply ready for a change.  There is a change coming, and I hope the end of it is going to be good, but the change is that the company has sold the building we're in.  So that means, sometime over the next year, odds are we are going to move to another location.  I hope it goes well - and I am actually looking forward to it. I really don't like my current office - we are deep in the interior of the building, so that means there is no natural light, at all, in our work area.

I also wonder if that awareness of the passage of time is starting to weigh heavier upon me, psychologically.  I certainly have an awareness of lost time, stronger then I used to.  Specifically, the time that I am often most aware of is the "time in between", that is the time that is wasted in between doing the things that I enjoy doing.  There is a surprising amount of it to me and I am very aware of it.  Still, it seems to just slip away.

Ah well, today is going to be a full day, so I think it is time for me to start my morning by splashing through the shower.  I am deep in Grove Park envy this morning.

No comments: