Thursday, July 7, 2011

Movie Review - Stone


Last night I caught a movie on my DVR and then watched it tonight, after dinner, as I eased my was into the evening. The movie was "Stone" with Robert DeNiro, Edward Norton and Milla Jovovich. I had seen it pass by in the theaters last year, but missed it. It was...unexpected.

First off, that is just an excellent cast, pure and simple, DeNiro, Norton and Jovovich are all great actors who can brilliantly portray badly damaged people. Without providing any spoilers, let me just say that both the arc of the story and the arc of the individual characters take some unexpected turns - and for me, as a jaded movie goer, to say unexpected, then it must be - not even the expected unexpected, but the truly unexpected.

I'd recommend the movie if you have a quiet evening and want to feed your brain something of a little substance.

No comments: