Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It Was A Better Day



Well, it was a better day than yesterday.  After the curves that got thrown at me yesterday, I headed into the office early this morning and spent the bulk of the morning preparing for my VP presentation.  Fortunately, I combine the two skill sets of knowing what I am talking about and being able to wing it - so the presentation went over very well, with the VP giving us a green light to go on to the next phase of the project - obsessive planning!  My favorite part.

I bowed out of the office early since I went in early (and since I spent most of last night tossing and turning), came home, ate a nice dinner.  Watched an episode of "The Good Wife", read a magazine, and now am planning to read Lang Leav's "Love and Misadventures" as the evening winds down.  It is a beautiful and sunny evening outside and I can hear the birds on the patio discussing their evening plans with some vigor. 

It may be one of those nights when it is actually a struggle to stay away until a late enough hour.  If that turns out to be the case, then I am going to run through the tub.  Meanwhile, I am waiting to talk to TR when she gets a window and reading a little poetry.

No comments: