Sunday, March 16, 2014

It was a nice day here in California. I slept in late (for me), about seven a.m., then plinked around the apartment before heading out to meet Tony from breakfast.  After breakfast we wandered up to the big Fry's (in Sunnyvale) and I came real close to buying an X-Box One.  I have one burning at my wallet, too put it lightly. I am trying to build my savings up to a certain threshold to make sure I have a nice reserve - I approach the number, I pass the number, then - I repeat the cycle.  I am trying to sit tight on my money so that I get over the threshold and reside there for a while.  All I need are a couple of weeks without large bills and I am good.

I spent most of the afternoon watching episodic TV off the DVR, which alternating reading from the iPad.  A light nap late in the afternoon, then a simple dinner about five pm wrapped up the day.  I logged on for work, did a couple of tasks, and then logged off.  Now, I am watching the last part of a truly classic movie that I captured on my DVR the other week - Wes Craven's "Swamp Thing", with the beautiful Adrienne Barbeau.  I have the fondest memories of the show when I was a kid.  I also have the fondest memories of Adrienne on All In The Family (along with most of the teenage boys of my age cohort).


I also took a nice hot bath this afternoon, after my nap.  It was awesome.  One of the things I wish you could do in an apartment is redecorate the bathroom.  I would change to a larger, deeper tub, even at the cost of floor space.  A tub more designed for leisurely bathing.  I have seen some bathrooms over the years and they are literally temples built to water - decadent but beautiful.  That is the sort of bathroom I want.

TR is traveling with friends, so I missed her this weekend, but she should be returning tomorrow, so that will be nice.  I am looking forward to that as well.  Speaking of which, I have couple of emails that I wanted to write this evening and perhaps I will do them as soon as the Swamp Thing wraps up.  So, with that in mind, let me call it a night with a great picture of the beautiful Adrienne Barbeau.


No comments: