Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lagertha in The Vikings



It is an outstanding season of Vikings this year.  The most recent episode, where Lagertha leaves her son behind and rides off with her shield maidens actually choked me up.  Outstanding work by Kathryn Winnick, the actress who portrays the character.  She can convey such complexity and turmoil in a single glance that it cannot help but to touch you. The character is so foreign to us and yet at the same time so connected to us.  A pretty amazing show all in all.



I slept pretty well last night.  I went to bed early to read for a while and then fell asleep.  I had a strange dream that woke me up in the middle of the night for an OCD moment.  I am not sure what all the dream was about, but I woke up and had to get out of bed and then remake the bed and then climb back in. It is also possible I was getting tangled in the sheets and had to straighten them out.  Either way, it was a strange moment.

We are supposed to have rain intermittently for the next week or so, starting today.  On my weather app it shows the little rain clouds all day, but the radar map puts most of the rainfall in the northern part of the bay for the moment. I hope we get a good rain, California can certainly use it as we slide into the spring and summer with a full blown drought underway. I'm looking forward to some more rain and a chance to open up the windows and let the scent of fresh rain fill the apartment.

My plan today is to meet Tony for breakfast at 8:30 and then meet Don and Tony at the Cupertino Square theatre to see "Noah".  Rotten Tomatoes has given it fairly high marks, so I am looking forward to it. If nothing else for the visual spectacle that comes from IMAX, since the plan is to see it on IMAX.  Other than that, I am going to continue my work around the apartment, cleaning, trashing, donating, and interweave it with watching episodes of "The Americans".  It looks like it is going to shape up to be a good weekend.

No comments: