Thursday, July 4, 2013

Next To Nothing

I woke this morning sometime around dawn.  I laid there for a while and just listened to the sounds of the world unfolding. If you're not a morning person, well, there is a certain symphony of life at you can only here if you wake up in the hour before dawn.  It is a piece of music that I love.

A morning conversation with TR, a shower, a shave, a toast breakfast and I just kind of eased into the day.  I didn't have any goal today, I didn't have any objectives today.  It was nice to be mostly purposeless.

I grabbed lunch with Tony over at the Cheesecake Factory. Then, we drove over to Cupertino Square to see if we could catch the new Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp, but with the combination of heat and holiday, the theater was packed and the showing we were angled at was sold out. The next wave of screenings was around 3:00 and 4:00 PM, so I passed.

I came home. I watched a spot of TV (Mysteries of the Museum), then curled up in bed to nap.  When I nap I often use a timer on my iPad to wake me up.  I napped for an hour.  Then, I napped for another hour.  Then, another thirty minutes.  When I finally woke up it was about 5:30 PM.  Dinner was left over chicken enchiladas from the Cheesecake Factory and a few more episodes of Mysteries of the Museum, some time spent on Poetry.org.

As the day ends, as the sun winds toward the horizon, I think I accomplished what I set out to do today.  Next to nothing.

No comments: