Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Walking La Jolla

It was another easy day here in San Diego, though it was the last day of this portion of the vacation.  Tomorrow we've got the homeward drive ahead of us.  In between here and there is Los Angeles, the capitol of bad traffic, so we'll have our fingers crossed and hope we make it smoothly through the city.  Our plan is to leave early, but one persons early is not necessarily another persons early.  So, we will see what early means.

We had breakfast, stopped at the laundromat, then headed out to La Jolla, where we spent some time wandering La Jolla Cove and the beach area.  It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. There were many pleasant things to see, both at the beach and walking on the beach.  If you've never been to La Jolla, it is a very pretty place and worth a visit. (Of course, I say that about almost every place because I do believe that almost every place is at worth at least one visit.)  The visit ended with a nice uphill walk back to the parking garage.

We popped by the Hilton, rested for a while, and then headed down town to meet the boys at the Old Spaghetti Factory in the Gaslamp.  The company was good and the food was good.  It was a pleasant dinner and odds are we'll do it again next year.  A quick commute back to the hotel and, for me, a nice flowing conversation with TR while Tony settled in right next to the television so he could listen to it.  (It was amusing to watch.)

I am looking forward to getting back to San Jose and my own place.  I am looking forward to wrapping up the last four days of the vacation in the ultimate lazy mode.  I plan on at least one full day, perhaps two, of doing absolutely nothing. Of parking in front of the DVR and watching show after show after. Of settling in on the couch with a small stack of books and reading, reading and more reading.  I think, in short, I am looking forward to some pretty serious me time.

No comments: