Wednesday, August 29, 2012

12 Hours Later - Punch Drunk

It was a twelve hour workday today. I spent the vast majority of the day testing the configuration of one aspect of the new project.  It's a monster.  My portion alone is - 107 items in 2 templates in 4 user roles. Can you say 856 distinct items to check?  I made it a little over halfway through - and then I started getting punch drunk and I couldn't tell if what I was seeing were actual errors - or just my brain frying from checking too many items that were too similar. I voted for the last and called in a night, punch drunk.  I get to go it all again tomorrow morning - and weave through meetings. (This whole exercise just demonstrates the importance of having well documented test cases, then make the whole test process easier.)

Ah, but there was a bright and shining light at the end of the day and that was a great little conversation with T.R. early in the evening. It definitely made my day. So, it is chasing 8:30 now, I have the slight edge of a headache, it is hot and humid outside, and I need to take a cool shower and then head to bed - curl up and spend a little time reading, and then fall asleep.  Then, I get to do it all again tomorrow.

No comments: