Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Vignette of Life, Lived In An Old Cabin, In Another Time



On the piece of land where I lived back in SD there was an old cabin that predated my purchasing the house and moving into the place. The place was a small ranch with multiple buildings - a house, a three car garage, a chicken coop, a woodshed, a barn and the old cabin.  The old cabin was a small one room place, nothing fancy, maybe 12 feet by 20.  It was a classic one room cabin and empty.

I dreamed that I lived in that cabin, slept on an old wrought iron bed, cooked on an old wood stuff, sat on a wooden chair, washed with a picture and a basin. There wasn't really a plot to the dream, no narrative, no story - just a vignette of life, lived in an old cabin, in another time.

(The photo is of Indian Creek Cabin in the Kenai, not the actual cabin on my old place, but certainly representative of the style.)

No comments: