Saturday, August 18, 2012

Two Dreams and Clint Eastwood

I had two dreams last night and I thought I would take the time this morning to write them down.

Dream One: David

It was a pretty simple dream.  I was in the small town near where I grew up (and where many of my cousins live).  I went to what used to be an uncles house, knocked on the door, and my cousin David answered.  He was dressed in a simple blue security guard uniform. He told me that he was on his way to work at the Church, where he was the night watchman.  We had a brief and pleasant conversation and then he set out walking through town toward the church, which is about three blocks from my uncle's house.  (David died of cancer three years ago. He was one year older than me).

Dream Two: Deception

The second dreams was more of a movie style dream. In the dream I was an investigator/agent and I was tracking a criminal of some sort (think James Bond style evil mastermind).  In the dream he thought he'd paralyzed the organization I was working for by killing several of the agents, but what he didn't realize was that one of them had not been killed, so we had a chess piece in motion that he thought was off the board, which I felt gave us a decisive advantage.



It was a beautiful morning when I woke up - there are high broken clouds and the sunlight painted them equal shades of gray and gold.  Breakfast was a bowl of cereal and cup a coffee, then a few texts, then a show on the History Channel as I ate about the real Hatfields and McCoys.  That was pretty interesting.  Right now, as I finish up the last of my coffee, I am watching the first part of Clint Eastwood's "Pale Rider", an excellent old western.

No comments: