Monday, August 6, 2012

One Life - To Go

I had a good weekend. It was nice, slow and easy. I slept well, I slept deeply and I dreamed strangely. All in all though the sum was a nice and relaxed weekend.

Today's been a typical Monday, having started the day with a four hour meeting block, then a quick lunch of salad and a walk to try, largely unsuccessfully, to overcome the effects of that long meeting block on a Monday morning. I've got a timer set here at work to get me up and moving every 30 minutes of the remaining hour and a half of the working day.

I noticed how relaxed I was over the weekend when I went out to play some pool on Sunday afternoon. I shot very well. (5 wins, 2 loses) with only three or four missed shots that I should have made. There were other shots I missed of course, but they tended to be shots I never really had a chance at making anyway. You can't feel to bad about missing those shots!

(This is the strange way the universe works - it was quiet here when I started writing this, but in just a few minutes I've gotten hit was a dozen work related email. It is like everyone waited until they could sense with their psychic powers that I was otherwise engaged.)

So, on that note I am going to return to work and spin my way toward the end of the day. After work I will pick up my dinner order - one life, to go.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: