Thursday, August 16, 2012

Iced Decaf Coffee & SYTYCD

It was a pretty good day today.  I woke on a beautiful and quiet morning, had a breakfast of cereal and coffee, then commuted to work.  I spent the first two hours reviewing email for hidden requirements. Then, a four hour meeting cycle. Followed by a brief break for lunch, then another hour of work and a final hour of work, then home.

Here at home I had dinner (a chicken quesadilla) and am making an iced decaf coffee - all the while I am watching the SYTYCD episode that is dedicated to the amazing choreographer Mia Michael's. An outstanding episode and definitely it is going to be a keeper - that is, it is going to reside on my DVR until I get tired of watching it - over and over. SYTYCD is my favorite guilty pleasure.  It is an astounding show with some incredible talents in a world I know very little about - but am thoroughly enthralled by.



In the other parts of my life, things are going well enough.  T.R. is temporarily back home, so we've had some wonderful conversations and spent last night tumbling and stumbling. Mi Familia is still locked in their feud and the battle lines seemed to have temporarily hardened, but I am sure, in time, they will get over it.  There are wounds, but mostly wounds of pride.  I am starting to think that all families should go to counseling to learn how to communicate. In the case of my family, the root cause could have, perhaps, been avoided or minimized if both of the parties at the core of the fight had been able to communicate their wants and desires better.  But, both of them are strong willed and talked past each other.

No comments: