Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Beautiful Summer Evening Unfolding

We're deep in the re-planning and re-scheduling phase at work. Today was basically seven meetings, all marginally interrelated. Progress was made, both toward the goal and toward the clarity that the project needs. I have my fingers crossed that we are going to pull something a bit more civilized out of it.

It has been one beautiful summer day after another here. I am especially fond of the mornings.  I woke this morning to the calls of wild geese in the hour before dawn.  I slipped out of bed and stood at the open window and watched them winging through the sky.  From there trajectory I think they were circling to land at Starbird Park about a half mile away.  The scent of dawn, a soft breeze, the call of geese - beauty unfolded within beauty.

Dinner tonight was chicken and coleslaw, a good choice on a warm summer eve.  I spend most of the evening watching a part of guilty pleasures off the DVR - "Haunted Highway" and "Destination Truth", both from the SyFy channel.  I love it when the casts manage to scare themselves silly.



I am not sure what I am going to do tonight - I am deep in reading Orson Scott Card's new novel - "Earth Unaware (Formic Wars)".  I am about halfway through and it is quite enjoyable. I have Dean Koontz' "Odd Apocalypse" stacked up after it.  Good reading all in all. I love this time of year.

No comments: