Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Breath of Life and Suzie Lightning

I think I would share with you a link to the two songs I just listened to as I settle into the evening.

The first was "Breath of Life" by Florence and the Machine (from Snow White and the Huntsmen).

Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine

The second is a classic, what I consider to be a truly great love song by Warren Zevon - Suzie Lightning.

Suzie Lightning by Warren Zevon

I've been a fan of Zevon for a very long time, since the early eighties and "Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School".  T.R. pointed me toward Florence and the Machine with their first album and I count myself a huge fan there as well.  Florence Welch has the most astounding voice.

It was a nice day, quiet, easy going, reflective.  Work was a little meeting heavy, but they went smoothly enough and I eased into the evening. Had Italian with Tony at Mama Mia's, then home where I watched Selma Blair on Craig Ferguson.  That takes me to this very minute, where I am going to spend a quiet evening straightening the spare bedroom.  Life is good.

No comments: