Saturday, August 25, 2012

Two Days In One

Friday was a day mostly dedicated to a single errand.  I dropped my car off at Midas to get a complete 50,000 mile service work-over.  Tony picked me up at the garage and we had breakfast at Goodies II, then he dropped me off.

I spent most of the morning watching the DVR and doing a complete scrub and clean of the kitchen, including stripping and waxing the floor and some minor re-arrangement. I had a work meeting from 12:30 to 1:30, then walked the mile plus down to the garage in the heat of the afternoon. I picked up the car and ran a couple of errands, then came home for the evening. 



During the evening I watched "The Hunger Games" (I am a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan since seeing "Winters Bone"). Then, the best part of the evening - T.R. was back in NC, so we had a wonderful conversation at the end of the night.



Saturday, I started with a second call with T.R., and then we spent about two hours surfing the web, Stumbling and Tumbling and looking at The Verge and other favorite web sites.

Then, breakfast with the guys and a day of assorted errands, conversations, and heat dodging. I got home about six thirty, and hoped for another conversation with T.R., but I suspect she was tucked into bed and sound asleep.

So now, I am winding up the night, casually slipping into the evening. I actually thought about going to sleep about 7:00 PM, but I thought that probably wasn't a bright idea!  So, I have been watching incidental programs on my DVR, writing, and reading.  A good Saturday all in all.

No comments: