Thursday, August 23, 2012

I Dream of a Flood

Let me start with the dream. Last night I dreamed of a flood.  I dreamed that I was walking down a city street when I got caught in rapidly rising flood waters.  They swept me off my feet and carried me down the flooded street (tip - if you ever get caught in fast moving water, adjust your body so your feet are leading the way downstream), then into a deeper flow of water. Once I was in the deeper flow of water, I was able to swim free (swim with the current, at an angle toward the shore). When I was on the shore I helped pull over people out of the water as they went by.  Some of the people lived in a nearby building and offered me a place to come and warm up, but I decided to keep going on my original journey.  It was an interesting and vivid dream.

Last night, I went to be early, about 7:00 PM. I'm not sure why. Maybe allergies. Maybe tired. Maybe even a bit of just general depression. Whatever the cause, I crawled into bed with Odd Apocalypse, read for a bit, then fell asleep early.  I woke up about two in the morning, dreaming of work. (I keep insisting that I need a charge number from work for my dreams). I finished reading Odd Apocalypse - excellent addition to the Odd Thomas series.  I won't say much more, since I don't want to accidentally let any spoilers slip, but I always jokingly tell my friends that I want to be Odd Thomas when I grow up.

Then, up and off to the office.  It was a day of meetings, but they were actually pretty productive for a change. The day passed quickly enough and then I slipped home for the evening.  Tonight I watched SYTYCD (the dance to "Bang Bang, She Shot Me Down" was outstanding), and now I am sliding into the evening with a bit of writing and a bit of reflection. I think I may make a family call or two tonight.

No comments: