Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Saturday with Team Banzai



An enjoyable Saturday.  I left home about 8:30 AM and spent the entire day wandering. It was extremely nice, if a bit on the warm side.  I got home tonight and decided to watch a classic movie that I'd captured on my DVR.  The movie?

"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension".  Ahhhh, a true classic cult Science Fiction movie.  How can you possibly go wrong with Team Banzai? If you've never seen it - find it, settle in with popcorn and your favorite beverage and enjoy.  I personally have no idea how many times I've scene it over the years. Most important to me, I remember when I saw it the first time.

It was the summer of 1984 at the Winner Drive In, east of Winner SD. A hot summer night, with good company, sitting on the white benches in front of the concession stand, in that timeless time when the world was young.  So, from that summer night to this summer night, I still love Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Cavaliers.

No comments: