Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Choices Will I Make Today

Dawn was cool and gray, if not the hint of fall in the air, then certainly the hint of the hint of fall. Dawn is slowly rolling back to later in the day. As much as I love late summer, my true love is the turning of fall, even here in California, in the Bay Area, where there is no dramatic turn of the season. It is still there, that seasonal change, just more subtle and graceful.

I've got a relatively free schedule here at work today, but I am struggling to stay motivated. It doesn't really have anything to do with work - it has more to do with the weather I think. It is was a dawn made for staying curled tightly in bed, a dawn for laziness and lingering. I just finished up making an action item list for the day, since I suspect that is the only way I am going to accomplish anything.

It may turn into a day of minimal work, a day of introspection and reflection. Perhaps a day of reading. Who knows. One of the things that I love about each day is that each day has the potential to become something...almost anything...depending on the choices we make through the day. So, as I sit here, just past the threshold of this day, I wonder what choices I am going to make today?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: