Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Perception and the Day

Another good day, basically.  At work they're still deep in reschedule (and should finish up this week I hope), so the overall meeting load has been mercifully light and I've had time to focus on the technical tasks at hand, which has been good.  This week I was focused on doing some research and analysis, which is the part of the job that I love the most, that peeling back of the curtain to glimpse the wizard that makes the world work. There is a lesson in there for me - when it comes to "following your bliss". Definitely something to spark further thought and meditation.

I got home tonight, went for a long walk, had dinner, took a nap, and ended up reading Odd Apocalypse some more.  Then, up, and now starting the evening with an entry here, a text with my sister, a text to T.R. and a simple plan for the evening - watch a few programs off the DVR and read through the four magazines I've got stacked up.

I am watching Perception on the DVR, which I personally find enjoyable, but I am not really sure if it is going to make it as a television series.  I like it - good cast, good chemistry, amusing and entertaining story lines.


The magazines I am going to work my way through are The National Geographic, Science Illustrated, Writers Digest and Sci Fi.  Not necessarily in that order.

No comments: